Vegan Cauliflower Pasta
This Vegan Cauliflower Pasta is packed full of protein and nutrition, with a hearty and satisfying texture thanks to the perfectly tender cauliflower bites.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box Modern Table Elbow Pasta
- 1 Small-Medium Sized Cauliflower Head
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ½ Cup Gluten-Free & Vegan Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cut the cauliflower in half. Cut off the leaves and the core. Chop the stalks, core, and leaves in to a small dice.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets.
- In a large deep sided skillet or pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower leaves, stalks and core. Season with salt and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the leaves are just beginning to wilt. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower leaves are just tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, garlic, red pepper flakes and vegetable broth.
- Raise the heat to medium heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt. Cook the pasta until done; reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the cauliflower. Add in the little of the pasta water, about ⅓ of a cup. Heat the pasta and cauliflower over medium heat. And the parsley and a drizzle of olive oil; stir. Add more pasta water if the pasta is a little dry.
- Serve the pasta immediately. Top the pasta with breadcrumbs and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Recipe credit: Thyme & Love.