Tomato Cream Rotini
Vegan-friendly, gluten free, and full of flavor. This simple recipe has it all, whether you're crafting a deluxe dinner or an easy lunch to take on-the-go.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box Modern Table Rotini
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 c White Wine
- 16 oz Diced Tomatoes including liquids
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 c Baby Spinach
- Vegan Parmesan to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- In a pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and diced onions. Saute until onions are both tender and slightly golden.
- Add minced garlic, cooking for just 1 minute.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan cooking until the alcohol burns off. If for some reason you didn't want to use wine, use vegetable broth instead.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cover for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes start to thicken a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Coconut Milk. Alternately, you could use a dairy free milk or creamer. Cook (uncovered) until thickened.
- Meanwhile, boil the Modern Table Rotini until it's almost cooked. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, adding more salt (or pepper) if necessary.
- Add the spinach to the pasta and sauce, stirring until just wilted.
- OPTIONAL: Top with a vegan parmesan (be sure to check the label if you are gluten free).
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Recipe credit: The Veg Life.