Spicy Pumpkin Sweet Potato Chili
Loaded with protein and simmering with seasonal flavors, this hearty chili is a perfect match for cooler weather.
- 1 box Modern Table elbow pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can tomatoes & chilies (Rotel)
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of pumpkin beer (or 1.5 cups beef broth)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 Tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey, seasoning it with salt and chili powder. Drain fat and transfer to Dutch Oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients to pot, stirring well.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer for a minimum of 45 minutes, stirring occasionally if able.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar if desired.
Shop now for our Lentil Elbow pasta.