Roasted Mushroom Lentil Penne Stroganoff
The more mushrooms, the merrier! A rich and satisfying blend of flavors comes together in this unforgettable, plant-loaded dinner winner.
- 1 Box Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 oz Cremini mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 4 oz Portabella mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 8 oz Button mushrooms, stems removed, sliced (divided)
- 1/2 Yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sherry wine
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Thyme, stems removed, chopped
- Prepare penne according to directions. Toss penne with vegetable oil.
- Toss sliced cremini and portabella mushrooms and half of sliced button mushrooms with vegetable oil and roast for 10 min. at 350°F. Remove and set aside.
- In a blender finely chop (pulse) remaining button mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- In large pot, melt butter and add mushroom and onion blend. Sauté for 6-8 min. stirring continuously.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the liquid by half.
- Add cream, pepper, thyme and salt. Bring to boil. Simmer for 10 min.
- Combine penne, roasted mushroom blend and mushroom gravy, then serve immediately.
Shop now for our Complete Protein Lentil Penne.