Rainbow Chard Salad with Protein-Packed Rotini
Replace your normal protein with Modern Table Lentil Rotini so you can enjoy a high-protein plant-based meal with all of the nutrients and goodness of a salad. This vegan-friendly salad is a great way to use up all of those greens from your local farmer's market CSA. It's a little bit tart, a tad sweet and super satisfying.
- 1 Box Modern Table Lentil Rotini
- 1 lb. Rainbow Chard
- Mandarin Orange (fresh or canned)
- Arugula micro greens (or preferred)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut stems from Rainbow Chard into bite-sized pieces, leaving the leafs whole.
- Place the stems into salted boiling water and cook for 2–3 minutes until they are almost tender (leaving a bit of crispness). Remove and place on a baking sheet or plate to cool.
- Use the same water to boil the leaves for 30–60 seconds until they are barely wilted. Drain into a colander and dry with a paper towel. Transfer the leaves to the baking sheet or plate to cool.
- Boil Modern Table Lentil Rotini for 8–10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- While pasta and chard is cooling combine the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Slowly add in the olive oil while whisking.
- Toss together one portion of cooked Modern Table Rotini, chard stems, leaves, micro greens and Mandarin oranges. Drizzle dressing to taste.