Penne Pasta with Fire-roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
A quick, easy dish to make for guests on any occasion. Our good-for-you gluten free pasta combined with roasted peppers and a variety of tomatoes make for the perfect combination of flavor and nutrition!
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Penne pasta
- 8 oz jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 8 oz jar Julienned Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 12 oz can diced Italian-spiced Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Cups Half & Half (or 1 cup half & half, 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt)
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Begin by setting your salted water to boil. Do not add oil to the water! Cook pasta per directions on package.
- Place the red peppers along with the juice from the jar into a blender or food processor. Place basil leaves on top of roasted peppers and pulse a few times. Blend red peppers and basil until basil is finely chopped.
- In a skillet, cook the garlic & shallots in olive oil until slightly translucent.
- Drain oil from sun-dried tomatoes-do not rinse!
- Add tomatoes into garlic & shallots. Continue to stir, keeping your heat on medium.
- Add one can of diced Italian-spiced tomatoes and the blended roasted red peppers & basil.
- Keeping heat on medium, add two cups of half & half. You may lighten the calorie load by adding 1 cup half & half and 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt. It just changes the flavor a bit.
- Place drained Penne pasta into a large bowl and add the sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese and gently fold in. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Recipe credit: Gluten Free Yummy.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne pasta!