One-Pan Penne with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
This delicious one-pan penne with artichokes, spinach, and creamy sun-dried tomato sauce is full of plant nutrition, and it's on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Buy the Noodles
- 8 oz Modern Table penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs, in oil, drained
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (in water, not marinated), drain and remove any tough outer pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh sliced basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- While the onions and garlic saute, place the drained sun-dried tomatoes and chicken stock into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the tomato-chicken stock mixture to the pan with the onions and garlic. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and return the sauce to a boil. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the pasta, and add the artichoke hearts and spinach. Cover again and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Check it to make sure it’s al dente and you don’t overcook it.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the cream and feta cheese. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh sliced basil, if desired.
Recipe credit: Craving Something Healthy.