Lemon Garlic Penne with Brussels Sprouts
Simple ingredients come together for a big flavor in this highly-satisfying, zesty creation.
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into wheels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brussels sprouts, about 12 sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- Freshly shredded parmesan (optional)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Boil Modern Table Complete Protein Lentil Pasta as directed on package.
- While waiting for pasta water to boil, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts, garlic, shallots, and lemon slices to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently. Cook until sprouts are caramelized and shallots are translucent, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cooked, drained pasta and lemon juice to the skillet. Sauté an additional 2–5 minutes, stir until all of the pasta is coated evenly.
- Remove lemon slices and serve.
- If you wish, top with shredded parmesan and red pepper flakes, and additional salt and pepper to taste.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne.