Instant Pot Taco Pasta
Can't decide between pasta and Mexican for dinner? Why not have both! Dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, it offers flavors that are just as vibrant as its colors. What's even better is that it only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
Buy the Noodles
- 3 cups of Modern Table Pasta (Elbows)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped (1 cup chopped)
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ to 1 tsp red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 and ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cups of shredded plant-based Mexican cheese blend
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 spring onions greens chopped
- 3 and half cups vegetable stock or water
- Switch on the instant pot to sauté mode.
- Once it displays "HOT", add the olive oil followed by onions and red bell pepper and sauté until onions are soft/translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for few seconds
- Next add the vegetable stock and pasta. Press the pasta gently so its below the liquid.
- Then add tomato sauce on top of pasta, followed by spices( red chili powder, cumin powder, oregano, salt and black pepper), corn and, black beans. Do not mix just make sure to spread ingredients evenly in a layer one after other.
- Cover the instant pot with lid, vent in sealing position.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 2 mins and do a quick release when done. Press cancel
- Open the lid, add cilantro, green onions and fluff up the pasta with fork.
- Serve warm by adding some cheese on the pasta and garnish with your favorite toppings
Recipe credit: Shweta In The Kitchen.
Shop now for our Lentil Elbow Pasta.