Instant Pot Mac & Cheese with Sweet Potato
Cold months call for warm, savory comfort foods. This protein-packed pasta dish is ready to eat in 30 minutes and is great for busy weeknights.
- 16 ounces Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar grated
- 1 cup smoked gouda grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked bacon for garnish
- Add oil to Instant Pot and push saute button. When hot add onion and saute for a minute or two.
- Add in chopped sweet potato and saute 1-2 minutes more.
- Push cancel/reset on Instant Pot. Add in Modern Table Penne and chicken broth.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for five minutes.
- Use quick release to release steam. Add in cheeses and mix thoroughly.
- Serve in sourdough bowls if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with bacon.
Recipe credit: Little Earthling Blog.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne Pasta.