Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
This creamy lemon garlic pasta is a hearty yet fresh, spring-welcoming dish.
Buy the Noodles
- 8 oz Modern Table Lentil Spirals (uncooked)
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, and drained
- 2/3 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp white or yellow miso (optional)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced or thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta to al dente in well-salted water, according to package instructions. Drain, but do not rinse the pasta.
- In a blender, combine the roasted garlic, cashews, milk, nutritional yeast and miso if using, lemon zest, and lemon juice, until completely smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, warm the olive oil, and sauté the shallot until softened. Add the cashew mixture, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until warm throughout. Fold in the cooked pasta, and cook together over low heat just until warm and the sauce coats the pasta. Add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
Recipe credit: Yup It's Vegan.