Creamy Cajun Pasta
This indulgent Cajun pasta sauce is rich, creamy, and just the right amount of spicy.
Buy the Noodles
- 1 box Modern Table Penne (8 oz)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup sweet onions (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
- 1-1/2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup white wine or broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in the sweet onions and garlic cloves. Saute for a few minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in the basil and the cajun seasoning, followed by the wine or broth and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Then add in the heavy cream and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Slowly stir in the grated in the parmesan and simmer until sauce thickens. Stir in pasta and serve immediately. Top with chives if desired.
Recipe credit: Lively Meals.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne Pasta.