Full of bold Asian flavors and plant goodness, this simple weeknight dish is like a party for your palate.
- 1 box of Modern Table Lentil Penne
- 1 pound mushrooms (oyster mushrooms or other), sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups of red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari if you're gluten free
- 2 tbsp. honey, optional (vegans, use agave nectar or real maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Cashews, chopped
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
- Prepare Modern Table Lentil Penne as directed on package.
- While pasta cooks, heat sesame oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add broccoli, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms and garlic to skillet stirring frequently until softened (about 6–8 minutes).
- Add prepared penne, soy sauce (or Tamari), and honey to the skillet, stir frequently until noodles are coated evenly and sauce starts to caramelize.
- Transfer to plate, and top with cashews, green onions, and sesame seeds.
Shop now for our Lentil Penne.